Thursday, September 25, 2014

Rock 101 and Asia

Dess-Dermondy.blogspot.com

Listening to rock 101, as I usually do, this morning and Greg Kretschmar of The Morning Buzz,decided to play some music from Asia, not the country of but pop band from the 80's, you will not see me say rock band, Asia not rock and roll.In the morning show they play some old classics on occasion as a through back for good memories. Greg apparently likes Asia as when he was talking about the band before playing the song I thought to my self "there's no way he is going to play that song on the radio." (I forget the song's name and looked up Asia on YouTube for a short time to try to find the song to reference but just couldn't bare the music and stopped looking). Well he played it...that's when me and 30% of his morning listeners decided to change the channel. He made a good case for program directors no matter how popular you are on radio. Turns out I'm glad I did turn the station. I road the radio stations up until I hit a song I liked. The song wasBananas by Gwen Stafani, major league POP song but it reminded me about driving in my red 1996 Chevy Barrera, I owned when the song came out with my 3 daughter. We would turn up that song on the radio and sing as loud as we could while cruising around. Those times were some of the best times of my life, hanging with my girls. Ya know what? That song was good then and still good today. As some say "standing the test of time."

No comments:

Post a Comment