Saturday, April 26, 2014

Turning Point

Turning Point We have reached a turning point in society and have been in the making for many years. Now it seems to be more prevalent with the internet. For younger people the internet didn’t come about until 1998 when it started to become a home furnishing. I remember the statistics on how many home had been wired for the net. At that time the numbers were about 40%. The whole thing didn’t start to take off until 2002 or so. Social media is the bull. I might write more on this in the future, I just wanted to get this observation out of my head Sense the start of society as we know it, has been ruled and dominated by a select few. Some of these select few were born into it. Some made their own. Singular opinions were the talk made by journalist who would sway and enjoy swaying public options based on what they write. I am not picking on journalist it is just easier to see what I am talking about by this example. At one time journalist where taught and promoted to report the facts and only the facts. Over generations they began to report what they wanted or what the Editors wanted to report. Meaning they could destroy a political campaign based on what they wrote rather than writing the facts. Fact and true are the same but can be viewed differently. Truth can sometimes differ from the actual fact. Writers (I like the word writer better than journalist), used this as a tool and Politicians also used this as a tool by not giving interviews to certain papers if they wrote in a negative way. This can be difficult because what the truth is and what the facts are sometimes differ. If you include both then the argument that you are jaded is moot. Recently I have been noticing writers on the internet being stopped short with their opinion because of the comments section of the article. I tend to read the comments section at times when I am trying to develop an opinion myself on the subject being talked about. Writers need to be aware that the old ways are coming to an end. Reporting the facts is your best bet or we might expose you. This is true in many other areas of society. The days when only a select few had an opinion are on the way out. Blogs, Facebook (I just had to add Facebook to the computers dictionary), Instagram and many other social net works are bringing it to an end. Celebrities’ at least old school might have their ego hit on this one mainly because it is becoming a one society and not a select few society as it once was. Hats off to the founders of these social net working companies for having such insight on where we are headed in society, it must have been fun proving this to investors. YouTube needs to mention also for being able to broad cast yourself to the world is enlighten. I have watched many videos of regular neighbors producing some great work. Regular people are making headlines with what they are up to more so than in the past. Personally I find this more interesting than seeing the same old faces. This partly why I find myself online rather than watching TV. I can chose what I want to watch or what news I prefer rather than some person at a TV station telling me what I going to watch with regard to movies or the news. I no longer have to sit down at the TV at certain times to watch certain programs. I can do it on YouTube or other online companies that have this on file. The movie companies don't release the current movie for about a year which is cool and still makes going to the movies fun and enjoyable. So be careful if you live your life in the old ways of doing things, its coming to an end. Make sure you have entered retirement or about to if that’s the way you choose to live because you will be exposed if you don't. And we as society don't have time for your old ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment